Course offerings, job postings, and classifieds, from the
WORKSHOP: INTRODUCTION TO SCOLIOSIS
With Susanne Higgins
Friday December 9th,
2022 (4pm – 8pm)
- How does a scoliotic spine move differently to a “normal “spine? How do we create an effective exercise program?
In this four-hour workshop you will learn:
- To understand the mechanics of scoliosis
- How to assess scoliosis
- How to then successfully apply specifically designed exercises to help lengthen the spine and build a better aligned mobile yet stable spine.
- Learn how to work a three-dimensional approach to movement to change your client’s scoliosis.
Physiotherapists & Pilates Instructors @ Embodied Physiotherapy
Embodied is expanding and looking for persons who would be the right fit to join our team. We are looking for team members that are interested in working co-constructively with clients, and are involved in continually developing themselves both personally and as therapists.
Peaceful relaxing environment, mentorship in Pilates and manual therapy available, flexible days/hours available.
Work with a niche population of very motivated clients in the False Creek area.
- Please send your resume with a cover letter to Katie Evans.
Clinical Pilates Physiotherapist @ Treloar Physiotherapy
We value collaboration and mentorship, providing educational opportunities such as Manual Therapy Inservices, Clinical Pilates Inservices, the Orthoclub Program (meeting FCAMPT supervision requirements), the Peer To Peer Skill Exchange Program, and Education Funding.
- If you are passionate about Physiotherapy, life long learning, working as a team and caring for others, we would love to meet you!
- If you are interested in adding Clinical Pilates to your skill set but are not yet certified talk to us about course fee subsidization and in-house training.
With Fisioplus Pilates
- Use the Therapy Ball for Optimal Movement: Introducing a simple yet powerful therapeutic tool to immediately improve breathing patterns and relieve pain.
- Improve Your Moves: In this session, you will learn strategies to immediately help your clients with pain and faulty movements by improving their breathing pattern.
To stay up to date with articles, videos, and research,
please sign up for our newsletter.
training and education:
Build your core practice.
2021 © Calibrate Pilates
We gratefully acknowledge that we live and work on the unceded and ancestral territory of the hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ and Sḵwx̱wú7mesh speaking peoples, the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, and that this territory has been stewarded by them since time immemorial.
The term unceded acknowledges the dispossession of the land, and that the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations will always retain their jurisdiction and relationships with their territory.
Site Design By Alexandra Piros